Famous Hackers: Careers After Crime for Cyber Criminals

An article on some real world Black Hats who have become White Hats that I thought you might find interesting.
June Lorraine

EzFIM

hacker. Young man with laptop is looking at screen Oftentimes when discussing hackers , there is little mention of these cyber criminal ‘s actual names, or if they were able to thwart the crime life for a legal job.

Here’s a look at some famous hackers, they’re misdeeds and what they are up to today.

Barnaby Jack

In what could be considered one heck of a  party trick, Jack was able to exploit ATMs by inserting malware, enabling the machines to dispense money without a card or account.

He also demonstrated how insulin pumps, pacemakers and heart implants could be hacked remotely.  Jack died from an apparent drug overdose in July of 2013.

Kevin Poulsen

This name might ring a bell.  Poulsen is currently the editor of Wired, a science and technology magazine.  But before turning to a career in journalism, Poulsen was an underground fugitive highly sought by the FBI.  Poulsen had hijacked…

View original post 390 more words

One thought on “Famous Hackers: Careers After Crime for Cyber Criminals

1. March 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM

It’s encouraging that some hackers go on to use their skills for something other than crime.

• March 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Yes, it is Vicki and thank goodness for it.
      Thanks for commenting, I’ve missed you but have an idea what you are up to.

2. March 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM

What a very interesting post! And to include a woman, too! Thanks for a great read! 🙂

• March 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Thanks Teri, a bit off topic but yes, I really liked knowing who they really were and what they were doing now. Maybe there is a CF author among the group.

3. March 4, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this interesting article, June. It just helped me solve a plot point that had been alluding me for months.

• March 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Super awesome! Thanks Leanne, I will now add plot point solver to my resume 🙂
      Thanks for letting me know and making my day.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry