A murderous year

Raven & flowers 2

A congratulatory note from WordPress came the other day: 1-year since Murder in Common was created.

This brings on some reflection about where I started and where I am now. In some ways there are no changes, I’m just as damned opinionated. However, there is more focus now as I look to new authors and the challenges they face gaining an audience and building recognition.

Meeting and speaking with Canadian authors at length has been particularly rewarding and as well continuing email relationships with two Australian authors has been fun and enlightening.

Twitter has added its own surprise element and led a Danish author to me who is breaking into the English speaking market as well as a Belgium author, whose heartfelt emails have been lovely. His second book in English is before a US publisher now for consideration. I wait in my own way with him for the results.

All in all it’s been a fine year to date and as I receive more DRCs (digital review copies) to read and consider, it will continue to be the joy of discovery – especially with you along with me. I’m grateful for all of your input, support and encouragement. Thank-you!

One thought on “A murderous year

1. October 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Thanks for following my blog and I look forward to reading your posts.:)

2. October 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hope there are many more posts to come June, I’ve enjoyed reading them.

• October 29, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Thanks Donna, I appreciate your support. I’ve been enjoying your blog as well – I’m still stuck on you in your punk days though, very fab! πŸ™‚

3. October 31, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Congrats on your first anniversary. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun. πŸ™‚

Here’s to another thrill-filled year of all things crime.

• October 31, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Thank you Vicki. It has been fun and I’m glad you’ve been ‘here’ with me.

4. November 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Thanks so much for following me on Cold πŸ™‚

• November 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM

You are most welcome, drop in from time to time πŸ™‚

Ray Hecht

Now stateless

Aerogramme Writers' Studio

Books and Writing | News and Resources

Rebecca Bradley

Murder Down To A Tea

unbolt me

the literary asylum

Invisible-No-More

Making the most of your mid life crisis

building a better me

taking risks and pushing outside my comfort zone

smitten kitchen

Fearless cooking from a tiny NYC kitchen.

Rabia Rambles

Ramblings About Beauty, Lifestyle & Everything In Between!

Eclipsed Words

Aspire to inspire others & the universe will take note

Crime Fiction Writer Sue Coletta

Inside the mind of a crime writer

Nightmare Mysteries

nightmare, mysteries, unsolved mysteries, solved mysteries, scariest mysteries, creepy mysteries, creepy, scary, bizzare, serial killer, murderer, mysteries of the world, best mysteries, haunted

Whatever

THIS MACHINE MOCKS FASCISTS

Diary of A Movie Maniac

A Personal Journey Through Cinema & Television

elementaryvwatson

Life in Newcastle and beyond...

A. B. Funkhauser, Author

Celebrating the publishing journey.

Books n All Book Promotions