A murderous year

Raven & flowers 2

A congratulatory note from WordPress came the other day: 1-year since Murder in Common was created.

This brings on some reflection about where I started and where I am now. In some ways there are no changes, Iโ€™m just as damned opinionated. However, there is more focus now as I look to new authors and the challenges they face gaining an audience and building recognition.

Meeting and speaking with Canadian authors at length has been particularly rewarding and as well continuing email relationships with two Australian authors has been fun and enlightening.

Twitter has added its own surprise element and led a Danish author to me who is breaking into the English speaking market as well as a Belgium author, whose heartfelt emails have been lovely. His second book in English is before a US publisher now for consideration. I wait in my own way with him for the results.

All in all itโ€™s been a fine year to date and as I receive more DRCs (digital review copies) to read and consider, it will continue to be the joy of discovery – especially with you along with me. I’m grateful for all of your input, support and encouragement. Thank-you!

One thought on “A murderous year

1. October 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Thanks for following my blog and I look forward to reading your posts.:)

• October 28, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Thanks so much Carol and ditto ๐Ÿ™‚

2. October 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hope there are many more posts to come June, I’ve enjoyed reading them.

• October 29, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Thanks Donna, I appreciate your support. I’ve been enjoying your blog as well – I’m still stuck on you in your punk days though, very fab! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. October 31, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Congrats on your first anniversary. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

Here’s to another thrill-filled year of all things crime.

• October 31, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Thank you Vicki. It has been fun and I’m glad you’ve been ‘here’ with me.

4. November 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Thanks so much for following me on Cold ๐Ÿ™‚

• November 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM

You are most welcome, drop in from time to time ๐Ÿ™‚

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupรฉry