What’s Your Favorite Horror Film?

Latashia Figueroa, horror, author

Horror author Latashia Figueroa was kind enough to invite me to guest post on her blog about the movies I can’t forget. I’m posting it here with her very fun intro so you will get to know her and enjoy her blog.

Latashia Figueroa - Author

horror_collage_

I was born in a great decade. I’m old enough to remember what a rotary phone looks like and yet I’m quite skilled in using my smart phone ( so i’m not old). I remember when MTV aired Michael Jackson’s Thriller video. That was awesome. I also remember my parents telling me to “go play outside”, and I  liked it.  Parents weren’t over policed back then. They allowed their children to enjoy the occasional horrible meal (McDonald’s was my treat on Friday’s); no one criticized that the beef wasn’t organic or the chicken nuggets was deep fried in fat. Although, I do worry about those things now. And a lot of  us were introduced to horror films at a young age.  And I am grateful. These movies and T.V. shows terrified and excited me and I wanted more. I’m not alone. But what is it about these films that…

View original post 805 more words

One thought on “What’s Your Favorite Horror Film?

1. June 15, 2017 at 5:41 AM

I always enjoyed the original The Mummy, but it wasn’t really scary to me. I felt sorry for him. The film that scared the S**t out of me twas the original Night Of The Living Dead.

• June 15, 2017 at 9:22 AM

Yes that is one scary movie…I still like zombie movies though 🙂 Frankenstein is the classic monster that I felt sorry for.

• June 23, 2017 at 12:56 AM

I like some zombie movies. Stakeland was a good one, and there was one with Woody Harrelson, I can’t remember the name of it.

2. Kennedy
    June 5, 2015 at 3:10 PM

I got pulled into your blog by a little social media cross pollination; that is, I was browsing my about.me views and found myself here. It’s interesting how one can get lost in the labyrinth of social media after really just setting out to clean one’s email.

Lucky me, you have a great blog with wonderfully interactive posts that encourage writers to build community. I’m proud of you, like minded, and will follow.

From,
    Just another WordPress writer. 🙂

P.S.: Does Walking Dead count as horror, because I’m hopelessly invested in the characters and their outcome and binge watch every season?

• June 5, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Kennedy you made my day. I had a conversation with author Melissa Yi a few weeks ago and she asked me why I had my blog. The answer is exactly what you mentioned, to build community. It’s the point of view and conversation that make it so enjoyable. And certainly the cross-pollination (delightful!) that you mention. I have met online some interesting, articulate, creative and fun people.

The Walking Dead is the best! I save-up on the episodes so I can binge watch. It’s a blended dystopian and horror for me. I like when genre’s mix. I’m reading a SciFi book called Dying for a Living that is a murder mystery on a conspiracy scale (Kory Shrum) Do you have favourite authors?

Thank you so much for following and I look forward to hearing from you.

3. February 25, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I know! It’s quite interesting how that works. I also find that the older I get the less tolerance I have for watching violent scenes. If someone is about to get their hand slammed in a car door I look away. Yes, my screen watching is indeed like my reading habits.

Thanks for commenting Angie…

4. February 25, 2015 at 6:50 PM

When I was in High School, my friends and I had a blast with horror flicks. The Shining, Friday the 13th come to mind. After that I strayed away from the genre, coming back to it with my teens. Teens seem to have a special stomach for horror 😀

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

PUNK NOIR MAGAZINE

We Are Your Huckleberry

She kills Lit

Murderous musings, badass book reviews, and quirky Q&A with the best women writers of Thriller and Noir

Perception

feelings, thoughts and dilemmas

Village of Estero, FL

239.221.5036 Comm. Development

Tish Farrell

Writer on the Edge

Notes from the U.K.

Exploring the spidery corners of a culture and the weird stuff that tourist brochures ignore.

From 1 Blogger 2 Another

Sharing Great Blog Posts

Dirty Books

Curated by Tom Leins

The Miramichi Reader

"Independent Book Reviews for Independent Readers Since 2015."

Gypsy Road Trip