The Dead Room: Dead On!

dead room robert ellis murder mystery thriller serial killer

A multi-layered plot full of unfolding revelations

You know those thrillers that speed you along with incomplete characters like cotton candy, sweet but kind of empty? This isn’t one of those. It’s a thriller with characters of depth and a book that keeps you turning pages damn quickly.

Teddy Mack has no interest in the practice of criminal law due to a tragic family event that turned him against the discipline. As a new graduate he joined Barnett & Stokes for their respected real estate practice. Mack is angry beyond belief when his mentor Barnett pulls him away from his first case to represent the son of a family friend who’s been charged with murder. What in hell is going on?

Indeed my friends there is a lot going on in this book and I think you’ll like every page.  I hesitate to mention serial killer as the book is much more about this sharp young lawyer and the criminal case he is thrust into. While not a murder mystery, there are enough puzzling questions to keep you considering the mystery.

A great storyline with sub-plots that are engrossing and that engage the reader page after page. There’s a dangerous game being played out here and not just by the pompous, camera-hungry District Attorney. A man far too determined to convict.

Robert Ellis is a best selling author who is new to me and perhaps he is new to you as well.

One thought on “The Dead Room: Dead On!

1. oldmarty
    February 4, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Hi June , I like the format …… I can read more clearly. Although the raven was a perfect mascot, my ‘old’ eyes had trouble reading what you wrote.

And, this book sounds like a page turner.

We will be home this evening. 😊😊😊

• February 4, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Glad it’s working for you…almost. Do you think a different font colour would help?
      Please let me know if you read the book, the feedback is always welcome 🙂

2. February 7, 2015 at 12:32 AM

The Dead Room sounds like something I’d enjoy. Thanks, June. Off to download a sample…

• Vicki
      February 7, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Eek! Apparently, I purchased this April 28, 2012. I better move it up the list. Maybe I should stop buying books until I catch up.

• February 7, 2015 at 10:00 AM

I’m laughing because I’ve done the same thing but the good news is that you may really like this one.

3. February 27, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Sounds intriguing!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

The Killing Times

Dissecting The Best Crime Drama On Television and radio

Be as Bold as Your Lipstick

Atypical 60

A Typical Blog. A Typical Woman. A Typical Take On Life. With An Atypical Twist!

Pub(lishing) Crawl

Reading you under the table since 2012

Part of Almighty

Top Food Blogger in Bangalore | Travel Blogger in Bangalore | Devnshu and Divya's Collection

Silver Screenings

an irreverent blog of old movies

Imperial Crochet

Crochet Journal and Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts for Crocheters & Crocheted Gifts

Chesapeake Bay storytelling, history, and memoir

Thoughts from a Guerrilla Worker

Guerrilla Worker, strategic thinker, occasional maverick and reluctant over-achiever

Deb's World

Midlife, Travel & Adventure

Healing Your Heart!

A manual for the life within!

Ramblings of a Writer

Living the Path of Life

Trisha Faye

Cherishing the Past while Celebrating the Present

So Simply SO

Creating a life, one miracle at a time

Let's work together to overcome PTSD, panic, anxiety, depression in ourselves and others.