The Dead Room: Dead On!

dead room robert ellis murder mystery thriller serial killer

A multi-layered plot full of unfolding revelations

You know those thrillers that speed you along with incomplete characters like cotton candy, sweet but kind of empty? This isn’t one of those. It’s a thriller with characters of depth and a book that keeps you turning pages damn quickly.

Teddy Mack has no interest in the practice of criminal law due to a tragic family event that turned him against the discipline. As a new graduate he joined Barnett & Stokes for their respected real estate practice. Mack is angry beyond belief when his mentor Barnett pulls him away from his first case to represent the son of a family friend who’s been charged with murder. What in hell is going on?

Indeed my friends there is a lot going on in this book and I think you’ll like every page.  I hesitate to mention serial killer as the book is much more about this sharp young lawyer and the criminal case he is thrust into. While not a murder mystery, there are enough puzzling questions to keep you considering the mystery.

A great storyline with sub-plots that are engrossing and that engage the reader page after page. There’s a dangerous game being played out here and not just by the pompous, camera-hungry District Attorney. A man far too determined to convict.

Robert Ellis is a best selling author who is new to me and perhaps he is new to you as well.

One thought on “The Dead Room: Dead On!

1. oldmarty
    February 4, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Hi June , I like the format …… I can read more clearly. Although the raven was a perfect mascot, my ‘old’ eyes had trouble reading what you wrote.

And, this book sounds like a page turner.

We will be home this evening. 😊😊😊

Marty🌴

• February 4, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Glad it’s working for you…almost. Do you think a different font colour would help?
      Please let me know if you read the book, the feedback is always welcome 🙂

2. February 7, 2015 at 12:32 AM

The Dead Room sounds like something I’d enjoy. Thanks, June. Off to download a sample…

• Vicki
      February 7, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Eek! Apparently, I purchased this April 28, 2012. I better move it up the list. Maybe I should stop buying books until I catch up.

• February 7, 2015 at 10:00 AM

I’m laughing because I’ve done the same thing but the good news is that you may really like this one.

3. February 27, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Sounds intriguing!

A. B. Funkhauser, Author

Celebrating the publishing journey.

Books n All

#booksnall

ezer

egalitarian lifestyle blog

Los Angeles Mystery

Casebook of an Asian American Detective

mobevision.wordpress.com

fun and entertainmaints😂😂🤗

definearth

environmentally conscious and proud of it.

Cook the Beans