Books or screens: The choice is yours

tv books

Wait! It’s books and/or screens – I’ve clearly made my choice for all of them

Recently my friend Lorraine has taken to blogging about movies and significantly the plethora of TV shows that are worth watching. She is a crime fiction fan as well, and while her comments are not limited to the genre you will find plenty to delve into.

Regardless of the type of screen you watch, from the movie theatre to your mobile phone you will find plenty of information and opinions on her blog. Like me she loves good television from around the world so you will see many countries represented. Have a look and let me know what you think

I couldn’t have said it better myself….

Do you confess to your family and friends that you enjoy watching TV? What is your ratio of reading to screen watching? Are you front row, or centre-row middle at the movies?

One thought on “Books or screens: The choice is yours

1. October 6, 2014 at 2:36 AM

In the last few months I have been watching box sets of older series or reading. I just find that a lot of the female characters are written badly and follow the usual stereotype,so I switch off. Broadchurch was very good though!

2. October 6, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Hi Donna, I know it can be hard to watch a series where the female characters are so badly portrayed. By that I mean as a one dimensional add-on.

Broadchurch was excellent, did you know they have released a US remake? Apparently it will have a different ending. Why bother with a remake of such a good series. I could understand years from now with a fresh spin.

Thanks for dropping by, always good to hear from you.

3. October 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I loved Broadchurch. Why is it that the US have to remake everything. What’s wrong with watching the original?

After a day of slaving over the keyboard, I like nothing more than to vege out in front of the TV… especially if there’s a good crime series on. I’m currently watching The Code and Mad Dogs, both of which I have no hesitation in recommending. 🙂

• October 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Hello Vicki, It’s good down time for me as well but it has to be quality TV so thanks for your suggestions which I’m going to check out right now.

4. June 15, 2017 at 6:16 AM

I’m thinking of two TV series that have strong female characters. I know there are more, but these were ones that came to mind, these are the more offbeat ones, China Beach, Crossing Jordan, Cagney and Lacey and Judging Amy. I know there are more.

• June 15, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Cagney and Lacey was ground breaking TV, I remember China Beach as being quite good as well

• June 23, 2017 at 1:33 AM

They show Cagney and Lacey on one of the cable channels now. It wasn’t on DVD or TV for years. I have been watching it when I remember. They showed the pilot with Loretta Swit as Cagney, and then Meg Foster. They must have been showing them in order, because that was the first season.
        I forgot about Marty Tyler Moore, Julia, and Maude. I watched all of those too when I was a kid.

• June 23, 2017 at 10:36 AM

I should see if I can find it somewhere, it would be fun to rewatch.

Ray Hecht

Now stateless

Aerogramme Writers' Studio

Books and Writing | News and Resources

Rebecca Bradley

Murder Down To A Tea

unbolt me

the literary asylum

Invisible-No-More

Making the most of your mid life crisis

building a better me

taking risks and pushing outside my comfort zone

smitten kitchen

Fearless cooking from a tiny NYC kitchen.

Rabia Rambles

Ramblings About Beauty, Lifestyle & Everything In Between!

Eclipsed Words

Aspire to inspire others & the universe will take note

Crime Fiction Writer Sue Coletta

Inside the mind of a crime writer

Nightmare Mysteries

nightmare, mysteries, unsolved mysteries, solved mysteries, scariest mysteries, creepy mysteries, creepy, scary, bizzare, serial killer, murderer, mysteries of the world, best mysteries, haunted

Whatever

THIS MACHINE MOCKS FASCISTS

Diary of A Movie Maniac

A Personal Journey Through Cinema & Television

elementaryvwatson

Life in Newcastle and beyond...

A. B. Funkhauser, Author

Celebrating the publishing journey.

Books n All Book Promotions