Man Crates Asks: What’s in your survival crate?

zombie-vector-character-silhouette,, horror movies, zombies, thrillers, suspense, terror

10 Things You Need to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse

In the spirit of Halloween I was approached earlier this month by Man Crates to find out what I would put in a survival crate referencing a horror movie.

As a huge fan of The Walking Dead a zombie apocalypse is a favourite theme so it didn’t take me long to put together my list.

This is what my Man Crate would contain:

1. Marbles for distraction
  2. Zip ties
  3. Med kit with antibiotics
  4. Packets of dehydrated food
  5. Hooks, fishing line & snare wire
  6. Hatchet
  7. Extra socks
  8. Map & compass
  9. Multi-purpose tool
  10. Handbook on survival techniques

Man Crates has some really great looking …well crates (that need to be opened with a crowbar) with a variety of gift options. While labelled for men, they really could be sent to the women in your life – some of us do like using a crowbar.

But back to the movie: What would your survival crate contain to help you stay alive – have some fun and let me know!

The post for Man Crates is a just-for-fun exercise in the spirit of the blogging world; remuneration was not provided.

One thought on “Man Crates Asks: What’s in your survival crate?

1. October 21, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Excellent items, although ten seems such a short list. I might suggest:
    1. Water + container for water + purification filter or tablets, something in which to boil water?
    2. Digging device to accompany hatchet?
    3. Blanket or some protection from elements?
    4. Is there such a thing as dehydrated beer? If so, …………….
    HOWEVER, in the past when I’ve been faced with all-out zombie attacks, I like to have a shotgun and a few hundred 12 gauge shells handy. (I’m just sayin’)

• October 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Dehydrated beer hmmm… well it’s a thought. However I’d ixnay the shotgun as it would only attract more zombies.. stealth is needed.:-)

2. October 26, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Quite rightly I was reminded to leave my ten, and after much scribbling out here goes:

1. GUN …with a silencer – any type, just one that kills zombies quietly while they’re trying to bite me.
    2.Seed Box – various veg seeds from my allotment for when we eventually find somewhere to ‘start again’.
    3.Machete/hatchet – chopping zombies,trees, not fussy.
    4.Swiss Army Penknife – its various attachments will come in handy especially the nail clippers or the corkscrew!!
    5.First Aid Bag
    6.Waterproofs – jacket/trousers, for when its raining or I near pee myself with fear
    7.Wind up torch
    8.Wind up radio. ( Big on the ‘wind ups’, batteries might be scarce!!)
    9.Water purification tablets – *pinched from previous list.
    10.Instant coffee/Tea bags – we have to stop for a brew sometime don’t we???

There you go. Sorry it’s late June!!

• October 26, 2015 at 12:57 PM

You are the best! And how could I forget tea – I’m half English afterall. Thanks for having fun with me Donna, loved it.

3. November 16, 2015 at 5:28 PM

LOL !! Loved your post June. Got me thinking. 1st stop would be the morgue for body parts and fluids to mask my alive smell. (definitely guaranteed to put the zombies off the scent) then next stop, the camping store for supplies. Load up the 4 x 4 with the hubbie and kids and head for the hills. Oh and of course lots of books to read while I wait it out.

• November 17, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Great idea and of course you’d need books! Thanks for adding to the list of necessities.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

The Killing Times

Dissecting The Best Crime Drama On Television and radio

Be as Bold as Your Lipstick

Atypical 60

A Typical Blog. A Typical Woman. A Typical Take On Life. With An Atypical Twist!

Pub(lishing) Crawl

Reading you under the table since 2012

Part of Almighty

Top Food Blogger in Bangalore | Travel Blogger in Bangalore | Devnshu and Divya's Collection

Silver Screenings

an irreverent blog of old movies

Imperial Crochet

Crochet Journal and Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts for Crocheters & Crocheted Gifts

Chesapeake Bay storytelling, history, and memoir

Thoughts from a Guerrilla Worker

Guerrilla Worker, strategic thinker, occasional maverick and reluctant over-achiever

Deb's World

Midlife, Travel & Adventure

Healing Your Heart!

A manual for the life within!

Ramblings of a Writer

Living the Path of Life

Trisha Faye

Cherishing the Past while Celebrating the Present

So Simply SO

Creating a life, one miracle at a time

Let's work together to overcome PTSD, panic, anxiety, depression in ourselves and others.