Barbara Nickless: Blood on the Tracks

Barbara Nickless, June Lorraine Roberts, Blood on the Tracks, MurderinCommon.com

Broken Souls

Little Comfort

Special Agent Sydney Rose Parnell has done her time in Iraq. Her role, pick up the pieces of dead soldiers for Mortuary Affairs. The aftermath of the combat carnage and the loss of the man she loved has damaged her soul. Clyde, the K9 who served on active duty, is also grieving this loss. Both have PTSD, together they are one and constant companions.
In Denver, Colorado a local woman is murdered. The suspect is known as The Burned Man. An Iraqi war vet with extensive burns over his body. He spends his time riding the rails and staying away from others. As a railroad police Special Agent, Parnell works the case. It brings her to places and things she wants to forget.
This book is filled with raw, primary emotion. As much as possible it brings you into the word of a vet who survived, but  not whole. Barbara Nickless has written a great debut and I’m looking forward to Dead Stop, book two in the series.

One thought on “Barbara Nickless: Blood on the Tracks

1. May 28, 2017 at 4:55 PM

As a Marine Corps combat vet I can relate to battle-induced PTSD. As a mystery writer/reader, his sounds like an intriguing book. I’m heading to Amazon to take a look. Thanks for posting this, June!
    –Michael

• May 28, 2017 at 4:57 PM

I hope it speaks well to you Michael. Nickless is a bright talent, but only vets can identify with her messages.

• May 28, 2017 at 5:10 PM

Just bought the Kindle version. In my first comment I meant to say “this sounds” instead of “his sounds.” Mind running ahead of fingers! 🙂
        –Michael

2. May 28, 2017 at 5:11 PM

Ha, ha….I suffer from the same thing 🙂

3. May 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM

It sounds quite good. I like the idea of the K9 character and the railroad setting, moody atmosphere.

4. June 10, 2017 at 12:35 AM

Sounds good.

• June 10, 2017 at 5:46 PM

You might like it 🙂

• June 13, 2017 at 6:37 AM

I am sure I will. I will check bookstore next time I go, or I will order it. Thanks for bringing all these great authors to my attention. Some I did not know before.

• June 13, 2017 at 9:46 AM

You are most welcome, thanks for reading my recommendations at Murder in Common!

Rebecca Bradley

Murder Down To A Tea

unbolt me

the literary asylum

Invisible-No-More

Making the most of your mid life crisis

building a better me

taking risks and pushing outside my comfort zone

smitten kitchen

Fearless cooking from a tiny NYC kitchen.

Rabia Rambles

Ramblings About Beauty, Lifestyle & Everything In Between!

Eclipsed Words

Aspire to inspire others & the universe will take note

Crime Fiction Writer Sue Coletta

Inside the mind of a crime writer

Nightmare Mysteries

nightmare, mysteries, unsolved mysteries, solved mysteries, scariest mysteries, creepy mysteries, creepy, scary, bizzare, serial killer, murderer, mysteries of the world, best mysteries, haunted

Whatever

THIS MACHINE MOCKS FASCISTS

Diary of A Movie Maniac

A Personal Journey Through Cinema & Television

elementaryvwatson

Life in Newcastle and beyond...

A. B. Funkhauser, Author

Celebrating the publishing journey.

Books n All Book Promotions