Barbara Nickless: Blood on the Tracks

Barbara Nickless, June Lorraine Roberts, Blood on the Tracks, MurderinCommon.comBroken Souls

Little Comfort

Special Agent Sydney Rose Parnell has done her time in Iraq. Her role, pick up the pieces of dead soldiers for Mortuary Affairs. The aftermath of the combat carnage and the loss of the man she loved has damaged her soul. Clyde, the K9 who served on active duty, is also grieving this loss. Both have PTSD, together they are one and constant companions.
In Denver, Colorado a local woman is murdered. The suspect is known as The Burned Man. An Iraqi war vet with extensive burns over his body. He spends his time riding the rails and staying away from others. As a railroad police Special Agent, Parnell works the case. It brings her to places and things she wants to forget.
Blood On The Tracks is filled with raw, primary emotion. As much as possible it brings you into the word of a vet who survived, but  not whole. Barbara Nickless has written a great debut and I’m looking forward to Dead Stop, book two in the series.

One thought on “Barbara Nickless: Blood on the Tracks

1. June 10, 2017 at 12:35 AM

Sounds good.

• June 10, 2017 at 5:46 PM

You might like it 🙂

• June 13, 2017 at 6:37 AM

I am sure I will. I will check bookstore next time I go, or I will order it. Thanks for bringing all these great authors to my attention. Some I did not know before.

• June 13, 2017 at 9:46 AM

You are most welcome, thanks for reading my recommendations at Murder in Common!

2. May 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM

It sounds quite good. I like the idea of the K9 character and the railroad setting, moody atmosphere.

3. May 28, 2017 at 5:11 PM

Ha, ha….I suffer from the same thing 🙂

4. May 28, 2017 at 4:55 PM

As a Marine Corps combat vet I can relate to battle-induced PTSD. As a mystery writer/reader, his sounds like an intriguing book. I’m heading to Amazon to take a look. Thanks for posting this, June!
    –Michael

• May 28, 2017 at 4:57 PM

I hope it speaks well to you Michael. Nickless is a bright talent, but only vets can identify with her messages.

• May 28, 2017 at 5:10 PM

Just bought the Kindle version. In my first comment I meant to say “this sounds” instead of “his sounds.” Mind running ahead of fingers! 🙂
        –Michael

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

On The Shelf Books

A bookblog for readers

True Crime England

A Look Into The UK's Most Horrific Crimes

SV3DPRINTER

Science and technology research based on 3D and 4D Printing

Another beautiful day in chaos

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

All Things Thriller

A Celebration of Thrillers, Noire and Black Comedy by Pamela Lowe Saldana

AlaskaBasin

Alaska Travel & Alaska Tourism Information

She kills Lit

Murderous musings, badass book reviews, and quirky Q&A with the best women writers of Thriller and Noir

Perception

feelings, thoughts and dilemmas

Village of Estero, FL

239.221.5036 Comm. Development

Tish Farrell

Writer on the Edge

Notes from the U.K.

Exploring the spidery corners of a culture and the weird stuff that tourist brochures ignore.

From 1 Blogger 2 Another

Sharing Great Blog Posts

Dirty Books

Curated by Tom Leins

The Miramichi Reader

"Independent Book Reviews for Independent Readers"

Gypsy Road Trip