Barbara Nickless: Blood on the Tracks

Barbara Nickless, June Lorraine Roberts, Blood on the Tracks, MurderinCommon.com

Broken Souls

Little Comfort

Special Agent Sydney Rose Parnell has done her time in Iraq. Her role, pick up the pieces of dead soldiers for Mortuary Affairs. The aftermath of the combat carnage and the loss of the man she loved has damaged her soul. Clyde, the K9 who served on active duty, is also grieving this loss. Both have PTSD, together they are one and constant companions.
In Denver, Colorado a local woman is murdered. The suspect is known as The Burned Man. An Iraqi war vet with extensive burns over his body. He spends his time riding the rails and staying away from others. As a railroad police Special Agent, Parnell works the case. It brings her to places and things she wants to forget.
This book is filled with raw, primary emotion. As much as possible it brings you into the word of a vet who survived, but  not whole. Barbara Nickless has written a great debut and I’m looking forward to Dead Stop, book two in the series.

One thought on “Barbara Nickless: Blood on the Tracks

1. May 28, 2017 at 4:55 PM

As a Marine Corps combat vet I can relate to battle-induced PTSD. As a mystery writer/reader, his sounds like an intriguing book. I’m heading to Amazon to take a look. Thanks for posting this, June!
    –Michael

• May 28, 2017 at 4:57 PM

I hope it speaks well to you Michael. Nickless is a bright talent, but only vets can identify with her messages.

• May 28, 2017 at 5:10 PM

Just bought the Kindle version. In my first comment I meant to say “this sounds” instead of “his sounds.” Mind running ahead of fingers! 🙂
        –Michael

2. May 28, 2017 at 5:11 PM

Ha, ha….I suffer from the same thing 🙂

3. May 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM

It sounds quite good. I like the idea of the K9 character and the railroad setting, moody atmosphere.

4. June 10, 2017 at 12:35 AM

Sounds good.

• June 10, 2017 at 5:46 PM

You might like it 🙂

• June 13, 2017 at 6:37 AM

I am sure I will. I will check bookstore next time I go, or I will order it. Thanks for bringing all these great authors to my attention. Some I did not know before.

• June 13, 2017 at 9:46 AM

You are most welcome, thanks for reading my recommendations at Murder in Common!

The Killing Times

Dissecting The Best Crime Drama On Television and radio

Rev-You's

Product Reviews on all things beauty, hair and skincare

Atypical 60

A Typical Blog. A Typical Woman. A Typical Take On Life. With An Atypical Twist!

Pub(lishing) Crawl

Reading you under the table since 2012

Part of Almighty

Top Food Blogger in Bangalore | Travel Blogger in Bangalore | Devnshu and Divya's Collection

Silver Screenings

an irreverent blog of old movies

Imperial Crochet

Crochet Journal and Gift Ideas Blog - Living. Loving. Laughing... with yarn.

easternshorebrent

Chesapeake Bay storytelling, history, and memoir

Thoughts from a Guerrilla Worker

Guerrilla Worker, strategic thinker, occasional maverick and reluctant over-achiever

Deb's World

Midlife, Travel & Adventure

Healing Your Heart!

A manual for the life within!

Ramblings of a Writer

Living the Path of Life

Trisha Faye

Cherishing the Past while Celebrating the Present

So Simply SO

Creating a life, one miracle at a time

theblackwallblog

Let's work together to overcome PTSD, panic, anxiety, depression in ourselves and others.

Past the Isle of Dogs

My adventures in self-publishing and other gibberish

What happens when you kill boring and embrace daring

Carla Krueger: Ten Percent Angel, Ninety Percent Rebel