Jane Casey

mk_janecasey

Ever read a book where the principal character is a rookie detective in the first few chapters, by the middle of the book an undiscovered genius and by the end has attained the wisdom and influence of someone who has been on the job for 15-years?

Be ready for the refreshing Det. Maeve Kerrigan, who is young, eager and makes mistakes. Author Jane Casey has written a character who is feeling her way along a job she is proud to have. She has instinct and complexity but isn’t dark and brooding, again refreshing.

I read the first two Maeve Kerrigan books back-to-back: The Burning (2010) The Reckoning (2011). I had no choice really as I enjoyed the first one so much. And now of course there is one more: The Last Girl and suddenly I feel pinned to the wall.  Jane Casey has been short-listed twice for the Irish Crime Novel of the Year. In addition to her Kerrigan series, Jane has written a young adult novel: How to Fall and her first book a stand-alone: The Missing.

One thought on “Jane Casey

1. October 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I love this blog. My mom is an avid reader of crime fiction and I have recommended it to her. I am not sure that she has read any of Jane Casey’s works.

• October 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Thanks so much, I appreciate the encouragement. I really liked Jane’s approach to her characters including a decent, talented Detective Inspector that Maeve and others report to. It sounds like your mom and I have a lot in common.There are so many authors that I’ve not heard of and have several books in print to date so if you mom has any recommendations I would love to have them 🙂

2. Vicki
    October 17, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Off to check out the titles you mention. They certainly sound like something I’d enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

• October 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM

You are welcome, and let me know what you think. I love discussing books, characters, plots etc.

• Vicki
        October 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I downloaded the sample of The Burning and had to keep reading. I really like her voice. Thanks again for the recommendation.

• October 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

She does have a great voice doesn’t she.
        Plus doing the reading herself the interpretations of the characters (nuances etc.) are always spot on.

• October 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Sorry, June, I should’ve made myself clearer and not used writing jargon. I’m reading the book rather than listening to it — the voice I referred to is this:

• October 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Which actually shows you that I listened to her books rather than turned pages.
        Otherwise, I am familiar with voice- I’ve done enough ‘corporate speak’ to last a lifetime.;-)

• Vicki
        October 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM

What I probably should’ve said is that we were speaking at cross-purposes.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

She kills Lit

Murderous musings, badass book reviews, and quirky Q&A with the best women writers of Thriller and Noir

Perception

feelings, thoughts and dilemmas

Village of Estero, FL

239.221.5036 Comm. Dev. | 239.221.5035 Admin

Tish Farrell

Writer on the Edge

Notes from the U.K.

Exploring the spidery corners of a culture and the weird stuff that tourist brochures ignore.

From 1 Blogger 2 Another

Sharing Great Blog Posts

Dirty Books

Curated by Tom Leins

The Miramichi Reader

Independent Book Reviews for Independent Readers.

Gypsy Road Trip

Places to go and things to see by Gypsy Bev

BOLO BOOKS

Be On the Look Out for These Books

Savidge Reads

The Chronicles of a Book Addict

TIMES OF LION

Exposing Truth

Civilian Reader

(Books, Music, Movies)

The Killing Times

Dissecting the best crime drama on television and radio from around the world