September

crime fiction books, crime fiction authors

September brings my favourite time of year and one could think that after the summers heated passions and murderous affairs that cooler heads have prevailed? Never!

Crime fiction carries on and over the past few months, I have squeaked-in books between directing contractors and wishing for noise cancelling headphones. The steady stream of interruptions hasn’t been easy on my reading schedule but thankfully the home renovations will soon be complete.

While in South Africa this summer I picked up a few books and have one left to read. It’s so interesting to read crime fiction from different cultures as the backdrop and history can dramatically affect the storylines. More on this later.

Autumn is my personal New Year and I always feel energized and excited about what discoveries the next several months will bring. I’m so glad you are continuing the journey with me and as always, your comments and suggestions are very welcome.

June Lorraine

Photo credit: Quotes-that-speak.tumblr.com

One thought on “September

1. Jerry Frazier
    September 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Did Diko buy that load of crap I sent him?

Murder

• September 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Books Jerry! We talk about books and their authors here.
      He says he will get back to you.
      Did you pick up anything from my suggested reading list?

2. September 7, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Noise cancelling headphones are very useful June. I bought a pair from a clay pigeon shooting school. They have proved to be an excellent acquisition. I like the Confucius quote.

• September 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Guy, I won’t ask you why you needed the headphones. Glad you liked the quote and thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to hearing from you this season.

3. September 11, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Happy New Year, June.

I love September, too, but for the opposite season. Spring is when everything, including hope, springs to life. But then I love all the seasons for different reasons. 🙂

• September 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Now that made me laugh! Thanks Vicki, I suppose March would be your equivalent to my September.
      And yes, Spring is lovely. For me it is images of crocus poking through the snow as early harbingers. Your spring will be different 🙂

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry