crime fiction books, crime fiction authors

September brings my favourite time of year and one could think that after the summers heated passions and murderous affairs that cooler heads have prevailed? Never!

Crime fiction carries on and over the past few months, I have squeaked-in books between directing contractors and wishing for noise cancelling headphones. The steady stream of interruptions hasn’t been easy on my reading schedule but thankfully the home renovations will soon be complete.

While in South Africa this summer I picked up a few books and have one left to read. It’s so interesting to read crime fiction from different cultures as the backdrop and history can dramatically affect the storylines. More on this later.

Autumn is my personal New Year and I always feel energized and excited about what discoveries the next several months will bring. I’m so glad you are continuing the journey with me and as always, your comments and suggestions are very welcome.

June Lorraine

Photo credit:

One thought on “September

1. Jerry Frazier
    September 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Did Diko buy that load of crap I sent him?

• September 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Books Jerry! We talk about books and their authors here.
      He says he will get back to you.
      Did you pick up anything from my suggested reading list?

2. September 7, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Noise cancelling headphones are very useful June. I bought a pair from a clay pigeon shooting school. They have proved to be an excellent acquisition. I like the Confucius quote.

• September 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Guy, I won’t ask you why you needed the headphones. Glad you liked the quote and thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to hearing from you this season.

3. September 11, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Happy New Year, June.

I love September, too, but for the opposite season. Spring is when everything, including hope, springs to life. But then I love all the seasons for different reasons. 🙂

• September 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Now that made me laugh! Thanks Vicki, I suppose March would be your equivalent to my September.
      And yes, Spring is lovely. For me it is images of crocus poking through the snow as early harbingers. Your spring will be different 🙂

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

The Killing Times

Dissecting The Best Crime Drama On Television and radio

Be as Bold as Your Lipstick

Atypical 60

A Typical Blog. A Typical Woman. A Typical Take On Life. With An Atypical Twist!

Pub(lishing) Crawl

Reading you under the table since 2012

Part of Almighty

Top Food Blogger in Bangalore | Travel Blogger in Bangalore | Devnshu and Divya's Collection

Silver Screenings

an irreverent blog of old movies

Imperial Crochet

Crochet Journal and Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts for Crocheters & Crocheted Gifts

Chesapeake Bay storytelling, history, and memoir

Thoughts from a Guerrilla Worker

Guerrilla Worker, strategic thinker, occasional maverick and reluctant over-achiever

Deb's World

Midlife, Travel & Adventure

Healing Your Heart!

A manual for the life within!

Ramblings of a Writer

Living the Path of Life

Trisha Faye

Cherishing the Past while Celebrating the Present

So Simply SO

Creating a life, one miracle at a time

Let's work together to overcome PTSD, panic, anxiety, depression in ourselves and others.